This festival of GLBTQ performance art, theatre, literature, music, burlesque and dance celebrates its 21st anniversary in 2012. HOT! presents over 100 queer artists six nights a week every summer.
All work is selected based on the specific submission materials listed below. We do not consider resumes, reels or press kits. We also do not accept promo DVDs, reel highlights or clips. We prefer to see work unedited and in its entirety. Make sure all work samples are formatted as a .mov or .avi.
Submissions MUST include the following information (which we understand is subject to change), preferably numbered and in list order.
- Name, email address, phone number, mailing address
- Date of application
- Short bio or history, i.e. your greatest hits and accomplishments
- Website / social networks
- Title of work(s) submitted
- Specific series you are submitting to
- Genre, or how you would classify your work
- Your ideal timeframe (month) for presentation
- Description of proposed project (short paragraph)
- Estimated running time
- Number of performers & specific collaborators you intend to engage
- Technical requirements
- Work history:
- How long have you been working on this piece?
- Has the piece been publicly presented as a reading, workshop, or full performance previously? As a whole? In parts? If so, where & when?
- Do you currently have any future bookings of this new work? Note: Dixon Place prefers to premiere work.
- Preferred venue: 120 seat mainstage, 40 seat lounge, or either
- Whether your piece would work as a late night (i.e. 9:30 or 10:00pm start time)
- Outreach plan: describe how you will help us generate an audience
- Familiarity with Dixon Place: Have you seen our space? Have you performed with us before? If so, when and where?
- List of work samples accompanying your submission
We require you to include DVDs (.mov or .avi files), CDs, or links to recent work (please limit to 2). Your proposal WILL NOT be considered without a video work sample, with the exception of proposals for our 3 literary programs (see descriptions below). You may also include a script sample of the proposed work (no longer than 20 pages). No VHS.
If you would like your submission materials returned, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Note: Your proposal will not be considered if you fail to comply with these guidelines.